"I'm Going to Carpe the Hell out of this Diem!"-Someone Really Smart

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I caught it..



I've caught it. I've caught the blog flu that is going around. For months I've been religiously stalking many blogs. I should have known I would eventually be convinced I needed to start my own. So.. here I am. Day one of this little adventure. I guess I should introduce myself.
<-------------This is me...Kayla Kehaunani. Also known as, Gretel, Ninja, Tipper, Nani, Kays, Louie, Baby Nubby, Small Fry.. I could go on and on. I am a senior at good old Timpanogos High School. Home of the Timberwolves.. and many other things. My days of walking through the halls are numbered, let's make it a good one class of 2011. After high school you ask? Well, my family and I have spent hours and hours applying for colleges, talking to coaches, and setting up a softball profile. (thanks to a dad with an electronic stat program and a camera, and a mom devoted to helping me reach my dreams). The stress and the practice, and the hard work have all paid off. I have recently committed to Brigham Young University Hawaii to become a member of the seasider softball team and could not be more excited. And no, my excitement does not mean that I am prepared and ready to leave this place. I have always known I would leave this bubble we call home, I just didn't know how young I would feel when the time came. My mom makes fun of me for asking her for certain things these days.. but I just tell her i'm taking advantage of the time I have with her before I have to live on my own. I have vowed to myself to live this last semester as best as I can, because although many of us would like to believe different, our lives will go separate ways and many of us will never see each other again. I have 2 sisters, one married and living in Washington (which I am very bitter about) and another finding her place in the high school scene.My parents have been my biggest support system, especially lately. And I am so lucky to have them by my side every time I need them. I have recently started my final season as a Timpanogos Softball Player. It is weird being the senior.. I remember being a freshman on the team and looking up to the Seniors. If anything, I hope I can leave an impact on at least one of my teammates because I know how much I learned from those girls when I was a freshman.



I manage the boys basketball team with a few other softball girls, and it has been a blast. AP English might just be the death of me, and the 3 credits of art I've taken this year have reminded me why I never signed up for them in the first place. Overall I'm busy, stressed, and hanging onto my teenage years as long as I can. I laugh, cry, dance, scream and procrastinate. Typical Senior. And yes.. I feel some senioritis coming on. My life in words.. this should be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. You make me cry :( I miss you sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! YES! YES! I have not been as dedicated on my blog but I am glad that you are now a part of the club! You are a fantastic writer, I can't wait to read more! Love your guts!

    ReplyDelete