"I'm Going to Carpe the Hell out of this Diem!"-Someone Really Smart

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Welcome to college..

College: the desks are tiny, the teachers spit, you never stop walking, and the classes are easily turned from one subject to another. Ladies... if you are just counting down the days until you can go to college and meet mature boys... think again. I think that college has more immature boys than high school did. Boys: Sunglasses on the back of your head is not cool, stop swearing it's not attractive, and go to class. ,because let's be honest here, i'm walking down the isle to someone with a degree in his hand, not the guy with marks from his text book etched into the side of his face. Whoever invented college schedules definitely didn't plan on hawaii rain. I walk 10 feet out of my dorm to perfect weather, i turn around and it's pouring rain. I get into the building and it's completely done. It's like utah weather.... only prettier. It's nice walking around campus because it's small, but it's still far enough away to be a pain. I have completely given up trying to make my room cold. The doors and windows are constantly open and 4 fans are constantly running, and still.. it's hotter than hot. i've also given up on straight hair.. no can do with this humidity. i guess curly will just have to learn how to work, because that's the best i can do! So far i have met people from utah, florida, california, texas, idaho, and pretty much every other state, not to mention the people i've met from fiji, new zealand, australia, england, and tonga. This place is crawling with diversity. I had 17 languages in my first class of the day. I'm still getting used to hawaiian time.. everything starts later, everyone walks slower, and if you're late just walk slower! it will take some getting used to after getting raised by my mom who is early for everything, but it's kind of nice to just relax. shoes are taken off before you enter into some rooms which is weird if you don't like feet.... i hate feet. praying and reading scriptures in biology, and social work, and classes that you normally wouldn't is kind of hard to get used to but other than that it's good! its a good kind of strange. I'm glad that i have a mom who made a medical basket for me in case i get sick, and for a dad who stalked up my water in the fridge because without it i would be dying. i'm glad i have a mom who thinks of every little thing that i could possibly need down to bug spray, and power strips, and a container to carry my laundry detergent in. They may be an ocean away but the things they teach me effect my every day life. i'm loving college so far, only when i don't stop to think about my family being an ocean away. december 16th finals and then i'm outta here to see the familia! welcome to college... here goes nothin.

No comments:

Post a Comment