"I'm Going to Carpe the Hell out of this Diem!"-Someone Really Smart

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Grateful

Today I am thankful for people in my life who are there no matter what. I am thankful for supportive parents who never leave my side. They are the biggest support system in my life, and I am so thankful for that. My family is the best thing that has ever happened to me

When I became a social work major, I had this overwhelming feeling that It was exaclty what I was supposed to do. I have the hardest time opening up and sharing my feelings and emotions, but through this major I have been able to open up and share things that I never thought I would share. I see how important it is to share things that you have been holding in for years.

I am so thankful for friends, and family who are the biggest strength in my life. It is so freeing to have people next to me who want to listen, who make me feel like I am not alone.

My greatest desire in this social work major is that I can sit across from someone going through what I have, and being able to tell them that they are not alone. I wrote in my journal earlier "I hope that everyone that I come in contact with from now until the day I die feel as though they can share their deepest fears and secrets with me without fearing judgement, or the feeling like I am minimizing their feelings".

Every single feeling, every single person has a story. I have learned in the short time I have studied as a social worker, that the biggest smile on the face of someone could be hiding the deepest of internal hurt and pain.

I don't know if anyone even reads my blog. It's mostly for myself, to be able to let out the things that I am feeling. But I hope, that if by chance someone reads this post, that they know that they are not alone in anything that they are feeling. That even if they have been carrying something around with them for 15 years, that it is freeing to let it out and tell someone. That even if they feel like their problem and trials are not as important or as big as the person next to them, that their is no harm in a hug, or a good shoulder to cry in. I hope that everyone that I come in contact with knows that they can always come to me in anything. I don't care if we've never talked, I don't care if we've had a fight, or if you feel like I don't like you. If that's the case then it's my fault and my shortcomings that have made you feel that way. I hope that whoever is reading this knows, that you are not alone. That YOU matter. that YOUR trials MATTER. That you don't have to put on a happy face all the time. That there is someone there who wants to listen, who cares to listen, and who has been through things just like everyone else.

You are NEVER alone. We have each other. We have the strength of the world in our hands. The Lord is always here. The lord is the foundation of all that is good in this world. Turn to it. Turn to me.

We are never alone. For all of the people I have ever talked to. Thank you for your smiles, for your hellos, for your love. I am so thankful for everyone in my life who has made me who I am today. Who has made me feel like I can do anything. Thank you for being my friends, for my family. And for getting me through my trials each day.

You are never alone. WE are never alone. EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY.

No comments:

Post a Comment