"I'm Going to Carpe the Hell out of this Diem!"-Someone Really Smart

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I can breathe again.

Tomorrow, My senior year of softball will begin. I am counting down the minutes! Here's to the gym floor burns I have accumulated over the past couple of months. These shall be replaced by raspberries, burns, and dirt covered blood. Gross, I know. I do love fielding off a gym floor, and I love hitting in the cage, and runnng around inside.. not. Here's to the sunshine, fresh air, and freshly raked dirt beneath my cleats. Oh how I have missed you. Hoodies, sweats, and nike shox, replaced with button-ups, underarmour socks, and spikes. Welcome to the life of sports bras, ponytails, and no makeup. Team dinners, rock band and one tree hill tuesdays. Gummy Sharks, handshakes,and ice baths. Our relationship with the trainers start now. Here's to the dirt in your teeth, ears, and anywhere else you can imagine. Here's to the holes in your underarmour, and orange.. EVERYWHERE. Welcome back to stats, chalk, and crazy dugouts. Mom making you undress in the garage so that you don't track orange dirt in the house. Ice water, tanlines, and busy schedules. The entertainment of my parents in the stands will bring a smile to my face.. right after I tell them to be quiet. Bus rides, practices, and sleepovers. Here's to orange shower water, tan faces and hands, sore muscles, and great moments. Here's to the errors, strike outs, and lost games which will only make us stronger. Here's to our opponents who push us to be better, the coaches who spend hours training us, and our family and friends who have been there every step of the way. Here's to he begining of what we hope to be the greatest memories, moments, and games of our high school careers. The memories and relationships that we will hold onto forever begin today. The last time we lace up our cleats and wear the blue and green is not too far away, so let's make the most of it. We started together, as a team, and now look at us. College, families, and careers are soon to come. But let's not quite forget the career that is most important right now. Softball. Through the good and bad, trust in each other, and good things will happen. Tomorrow, we lace up our cleats, and begin to play for the name that is most important for the next 3 months.. the one on the front of our jerseys. Softball.. it's been much to long.

1 comment: