"I'm Going to Carpe the Hell out of this Diem!"-Someone Really Smart

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thankful

I think that sometimes having a hard day makes you realize how lucky you are.

I have been going through some stressful situations in college (who doesn't right?), and I have found myself more and more upset each day.

The little things are the things that just build up over time and I finally just break down

But today, I realized something.

One of my amazing, strong, and beast modes of a friend is in the hospital undergoing another round of chemotherapy. Not from cancer for the first time, but for the second. My mom also has a friend who is going through cancer for the third time. My heart aches, and I cry for the amazing people in my life who have faced trials that most everyone on this earth have the luxury of NOT facing, including me.

Today a kid in my institute class stood up and shared something with the class that changed my whole sophomore year of college so far. I realized that I am so blessed to be healthy, to see, to breathe, and to walk. I don't have cancer, I don't have to fear for my life, and I don't have a broken family. I don't have any physical disability (besides my broken shoulder), and I don't have mental disability. Nothing that is wrong with me now, can't be fixed. And there are a lot of people who cannot say the same.

I am thankful for trials in my life, to make me realize that MY trials, are miniscule compared to what a lot of other people have to deal with.

I know we are not challenged over that which we are able to handle. And I am so proud of my friend for being so strong in all of her challenges. I am also thankful for the people who support her everyday, and make her stronger.

without weakness, none of us would know strength. Without sorrow, there would be no happiness, and without each other, none of it would have a purpose anyway.

Today I am thankful for the smiles, the texts, the letters, the phone calls, the waves, the hello's, and the conversations from people familiar, or strangers who have made my hard days just a little bit better. It is true.. it takes a village to raise a child, and I am thankful for the thousands of people I have come in contact with in my life who have shaped me through my trials and struggles

No comments:

Post a Comment